Friday, October 18, 2019

Feel Great by Taking Action

Feel Great by Taking Action

I'm feeling great today. I feel so energetic. I feel close to being in the zone. 

It is very rare that I feel like this. Usually it is mellower, meaning I have to be more aware, and plan better to feel slightly more energetic. My thought processes are not laborious, even though I am executing a task which usually need much motivation to get through, I just slice through the 'resistance' (to borrow the meaning from Steven Pressfield), which feels great. 

The thought ran through my mind to take this unique opportunity and reflect what I thought went right prior to this 'feeling'. So here goes in no particular order:

1. I had 7hrs of sleep the night before. I have found that I function best with minimum of 7 hours sleep. I am just surviving with 6 hours. 
2. I woke up at 5am to work on personal 'work'. I didn't complete it but I got something done. 
3. Because I woke up earlier, I was able to have a less rushed time getting myself and my kids ready. 
4. I had breakfast and coffee. 
5. I had planned what I wanted to work on (on a macro level) at work today. 
6. I was listening to Seth Godin on Tim Ferriss's blog. My mind was processing that interview for a few days. 

Listening to people with more experience and willing to share those experience and listening to their thought processes is a great method to understanding ourselves better. It has certainly helped me. Hope it helps you too. 

You can do it, take care, have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 cents worth of words...